Hope lives here. Our team members are committed to ensuring that people from diverse backgrounds and underserved communities have meaningful access to our services.
To fulfill our mission of offering Hope and Opportunity through comprehensive recovery-oriented behavioral healthcare, we strive to:
- Encourage collaboration among clients, staff and leadership
- Foster an anti-racist, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming environment
- Offer a brave space in which all can thrive
- Remove barriers to care
- Provide empathy
- Preserve autonomy, dignity and respect for each person’s decision-making
- Recruit caregivers and leaders who reflect the diversity of our clients and community
- Participate in community efforts to address racial bias in healthcare, end health disparities and advance health equity
Inside Our Agency
As our community’s designated critical behavioral healthcare provider, we consider it an ethical and moral imperative to address the impacts of racism and other forms of discrimination on client wellbeing. We are committed to advancing behavioral health equity for all populations.
We further that cause by actively recruiting diverse staff and leadership for our organization, as well as training our staff in culturally competent care. That not only allows clients to have a choice of providers, it also broadens our understanding of cultures, customs, historical trauma, experiences of racism, and the impact of discrimination on daily life.
KMHS believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are central to our mission. We are a non-profit community mental health center providing inpatient and outpatient programs and services to children, families and adults. As a recipient of federal financial assistance, KMHS does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of services under any of our programs and activities, whether carried out by KMHS directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which KMHS arranges to carry out its programs and activities.