Our commitment to employees makes KMHS a “Best Place” to work
We are proud to offer a strong benefit and competitive compensation package. We seek and support enthusiastic, dedicated staff who want to learn, grow, advance, and give the very best of client care. We take employee satisfaction and life balance seriously, and we believe our benefits support our staff in doing just that.
We hope you will peruse our current benefits below. While these are at-a-glance, partial descriptions of what we offer, they apply to both regular full-time and to part-time employees working 20 hours a week minimum, pro-rated accordingly.
Employee wellbeing is as important as client wellbeing! Our paid leave policy is designed to let you choose whenever possible how to use your leave the way you need it, whether for vacation, down-time, or illness:
- Personal Paid Leave Accrual
19 days leave your 1st year
25 days leave your 2nd through 4th year
30 days leave during your 5th year and beyond
- Disability Leave
Earn up to 6 days per year
May be used for personal qualifying medical illnesses.
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefit
The disability plan includes short and long-term disability. KMHS currently pays an established amount toward your long-term disability plan.
- Paid Holidays
8 days per year
- Sabbatical Leave
Every year we are pleased to honor eligible employees who have provided 15 and 25 years of continuous KMHS service with four weeks paid leave to rest and rejuvenate!
We know the right health care coverage matters!
- Premera Health Insurance coverage, with choice from one of two plans, a Health Savings Account (HSA)/ High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) or a Preferred Provider Option (PPO). Currently covers medical and surgical physician services, hospital, maternity benefits, chiropractic, and prescriptions, and more. Our plans also offer selections to cover dependents.
- Dental coverage is provided through Sun Life Preferred Provider Option and pays for 100% preventative care up to 4 cleanings and 2 routine oral exams.
- Vision benefits are covered by VSP for your annual exam (100% with $10 co-pay), lenses at 100% in network, with frames and contacts covered up to $150.
Your coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire.
More health coverage options:
- Our Medical Premium Reduction Program allows you to use pre-tax dollars to pay for dependent premiums.
- A Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account through Navia allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars from your pay to cover eligible health, allowable over the counter drugs and daycare expenses.
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurances to enhance your benefits package can also be purchased for critical illness, injury, accident, even pet insurance.
We also offer these additional benefits:
- Paid life insurance, and short and long term disability insurance premiums.
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and eligible dependents. Our EAP services are confidential, and include counseling assessments, legal or financial consultations, substance use concerns, sleep challenges, problem gambling, child and elder care consultation, stress, anxiety, depression and relationship issues.
- Home ownership made easier with substantial discounts if you are looking to buy, sell, refinance, or invest, through Enhanced Benefits Group Inc.
- Wellness programs through 2Morrow Health to assist with smoking cessation, weight loss, and stress management. On site programs have also included yoga, chair massage and others, depending on employee interest.
- Discounted Pet Insurance through Pets Best.
- KMHS is an approved site for the Federal Student Loan Repayment Program (FSLRP) as well as the state’s Health Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP). These programs offer loan repayment assistance of up to $70,000 (FSLRP) or $75,000 (HPLRP) for qualifying professions. Further information about these programs can be found at https://wsac.wa.gov/washington-health-corps
- KMHS partners with Vault to help you explore options to reduce your student loan debt, and if eligible, receive additional student loan payment contributions from KMHS.
- License reimbursement of $450 per year towards counselor licenses, and up to $800 for medical provider license reimbursement.
- CEUs made simple. Through a customized training website Relias Learning, you will have access to hundreds of courses offer continuing education credits (at no cost to employees) – you can even print your own CEU certifications for license/certificate renewal.
- CMEs- Free access to Prescriber’s Letter & Natural Medicines Database.
- Up to four hours unpaid weekly leave allow time for you to pursue your continuing education. Benefits are maintained and your salary is pro-rated accordingly.
We help you save for the future, no matter your stage in life!
• Retirement Plan (Tax Sheltered Annuity)
Once eligible, KMHS employees are enrolled in our 403 (b) retirement plan and become fully vested after 5 years. KMHS contributes 4% over and above your annual wage earnings. You may also contribute to the retirement plan. The retirement plan agent is available to meet with you to discuss your personal goals and options.
"I thoroughly enjoy the work that I do and assisting others on their road to recovery."