In some situations, inpatient evaluation and treatment is the best setting for recovery. Our Adult Inpatient Team sees people 18 and older who are experiencing serious and acute mental illness, and individuals who have co-occurring substance use concerns. The Adult Inpatient Unit provides both voluntary and involuntary care.
If you or someone you know is in a behavioral health crisis and may be in need of inpatient evaluation and treatment services, call the Volunteers of America Crisis Call Line at 1-888-910-0416 where professional staff are available 24/7 to offer assistance and will determine the level of crisis services needed. Dependent on the level of need, this may include dispatching the KMHS Mobile Crisis Outreach Team for emergency assessment. Following assessment, referrals to inpatient care may be made, if necessary, for involuntary or voluntary detention in our evaluation and treatment center or other psychiatric facility or substance use treatment facility. Our response team seeks to assist people in crisis with the least restrictive services needed to support them in their recovery.
The average stay at the Adult Inpatient Unit is 11 days, but the length depends on the individual’s needs and the development of a safe discharge plan. When leaving inpatient care, individuals are linked to community-based, outpatient and/or residential services to aid in the transition back home.
3 – 5 pm and 7:30 – 9:30 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays
9 – 11 am Saturdays
1 – 5 pm Sundays
- All visits must be approved by the client’s Mental Health Professional.
- All visits must be scheduled by the unit’s Care Team Assistant or Receptionist during office hours, 8 am – 5 pm Mondays through Fridays.
- All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Call by 4 pm Friday to schedule a weekend visit.
- Visiting hours listed above will be available on most holidays.
- Visits will range from 30 to 45 minutes.
- Exceptions to these hours may be made for individual patients to accomplish treatment objectives with the approval of those listed above.